Wednesday, March 17, 2010

This too shall pass........I hope!

People always say that every baby is different, even amongst your own children. And man I could not agree more. Miss Avery will be 3 months on Monday, and I really want a happy baby girl :(

A few weeks ago we thought the colic was getting better, evenings hadn't been as bad, now the last week or so they seem to have gotten worse. Her crying has become more intense and NOTHING we try to do to console her helps. It certainly causes some very helpless feelings as a parent. Often I wonder at what point could it be something else?

I think its even harder because, my mother-in-law says she's a happy baby during the day, but by the time we get home from work she's miserable. I can't wait for the days when we can play and interact and talk with her instead of trying to find ways to soothe her.

Naps are still a struggle, she's not too interested in taking long ones, although she's getting a bit better. But nighttime she's awesome, falls asleep on her own by about 7:30 or 8.

You hear warnings about colic, and people give you tips to try and help, but no one ever really says how hard it is emotionally. But we just have to keep telling ourselves that it's temporary and its nothing we've done, but sometimes its easier said than done.

1 comment:

  1. Bummer, so sorry. Our friends kids had colic (reflux, I think is more accurate) and it was miserable. Is she on any meds for reflux?

    ReplyDelete