Friday, April 23, 2010

T.G.I.F.

Well, Richard is still a mystery (heehee). The doctor called last night and all of his bloodwork came back normal, so we're not sure what caused the stomach pain. He's feeling much better today, just a little tender. So I guess we just move one.

We're also praying for NO RAIN tomorrow for Logan's first baseball game. We have opening night activities tonight too. He's very excited for both.

I'm so very ready for this week to be over with. All week its been one thing of bad news after another, the world just seems a dark place lately. Illnesses, cancers, tests, bomb threats and bullying in schools, murders, there just hasn't seemed much good this week, and it has really been testing my faith. I've felt strong in my faith, but this week with all that's been going on has made me wonder how and why God puts us through what he does. How much can people handle before they break?

So to escape I plugged into my Pandora Radio and set it to Glee Cast Radio (i'm a huge Gleek). The songs that come up usually consist of show tune stuff, so I wasn't really listening just kind of zoned out, my mind racing with thoughts of the week when a song pops up by Kristin Chenoweth (who has appeared on Glee before). The song was Word of God Speak, in the midst of all my show tunes, and it kinda freaked me out a bit, as I listened to the words I kind of stopped and realized that despite the bad week I still had faith. Bad weeks make us appreciate the good ones that much more, and appreciate loved ones. So call it a sign or whatever you want, but that small snippet helped bring me back. Here's the lyrics that touched me:

I'm finding myself at a loss for words
And the funny thing is it's okay
The last thing I need is to be heard
But to hear what You would say

Word of God speak
Would You pour down like rain
Washing my eyes to see
Your majesty
To be still and know
That You're in this place
Please let me stay and rest
In Your holiness

Word of God speak
I'm finding myself in the midst of
YouBeyond the music, beyond the noise
All that I need is to be with
You And in the quiet hear Your voice

So today I'm just thankful, not even for anything in particular, I just kind of feel at peace I guess, since I have no control over the universe, only control over how it affects me.

No comments:

Post a Comment