Friday, November 20, 2009

I'm over it!

(for the record, I'm not a fan of that saying)
Okay, it's official I think I'm done being pregnant. This pregnancy has been uneventful for the most part, and I feel so blessed to even be pregnant, BUT I'm ready to be done. Pardon me while I complain a little bit :)

I'm incredibly sick of my maternity clothes, but at this point see no reason to invest in anymore, so it seems I wear the same few shirts over and over again, luckily I work with mostly men who probably don't even notice, or care.

Amazingly I'm sleeping well still, just get up to use the bathroom at least twice a night, but I usually fall back to sleep fairly quickly. It's the getting out of bed in the morning that takes a bit. Even though I don't sleep on my right side, my right hip is killing me these days. It feels like more of a groin pull, but the pain comes and go randomly. Eh, tolerable I guess.

This week one of the wonderfully genetic varicose veins in my left thigh (thank you Krueger family) decided to swell up. Hurts like h-e-l-l. I've don't everything they say you should when you're prone to them, keep my feet up when sitting, have them on a little stool at work too, take frequent breaks, blah blah blah! Guess I"m just blessed, mornings are the worst, putting pressure on that leg is quite painful until I get moving. The skin around the bulging vein is a bit harder than the rest of my skin too. So, since going to the doctor today anyway, I'll have him take a look at it, I hope its nothing, but hope to get some relief from the pain as well. Can't help but think the worst sometimes, you know large clot shooting to my lungs, stuff like that.

On a good note, Logan and I were able to get our H1N1 vaccines this week. I wouldn't have bothered if we didn't have a newborn on the way. The health department was holding a clinic on Wednesday. Lucky for us, Richard decided to leave work a bit earlier than planned to go get Logan and take him over there, and they gave him two spots in line since he said his pregnant wife was on the way. If he hadn't I wouldn't have made it on time, as they only had 500 to give out. But, I think our total wait time was about 2 hours. Not too bad. The first woman that came out said she had been there since 11:30, a bit excessive I suppose.

And Logan was quite the trooper. Listening to all the other small children screaming, he was getting a really nervous look on his face the closer we got to the front of the line, but he didn't even flinch. He looked away, and when she pinched his arm for the shot he even watched. So hopefully we'll have a healthy winter at our house.


  1. I have seen the size of your belly, I think that you are allowed to complain. Post a belly pic......... soooooooo adorable. (and big)

    love you,

  2. Logan is a brave little man! I completely remember this time in my pregnancies. Oy! lol I hope the rest of your pregnancy is a bit smoother. It won't be long now! Hooray!